HELP! GOIN TO TRAVIS AFB

HEY LADIES, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL BE GETTING STATIONED IN TRAVIS AFB IN CALIFORNIA..ANYONE HAVE INFO ONE IT, AND ALSO INFO ON HOUSING FOR AN E-3, WONDERING WHAT IT IS LIKE THERE, AND ALSO WHAT TO EXPECT.

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Travel

• Travis is a nice area, we were stationed at Beale AFB which is about an hours east of Travis. When we were there, they had an amazing hospital and clinic. You are only about 45 minutes from San Fran, which is a lot of fun. I dont' know about housing, but you could always look them up online
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Everyone ends up there sooner or later. You will like it the base it is nice and I think they have nice homes for all ranks. I would live on base, the schools where great when we were there. They have a great Hospital.
    The mall is about 20min. away. Good places to eat.
    I liked living there I hope you will too. Good Luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Thankyou ladies, this only our secound duty station, so im def nervous and a lil aprehensive i guess. Hoping to meet some nice people..:-) Hope we can get a house on base the waiting list is sooo long, and i heard renting off base is ridiculously expensive!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• join AFCrossroads. They will let you know housing wait times, local economy housing and include pics of the bases including house.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009