What do you think of Shaniya Davis's Father?

I am truly devastated about this poor little girl. I question why her father would just let her go back with the Mother. One thing her house was raided for drugs this last summer and she was also dealing. I just don't get how he could just let this poor excuse of a mother have care for this child not to mention. He has a nice house and sent her to live in that dump.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• we don't know the whole story. And while I agree he shouldn't have sent her there at all maybe he thought having a bad mom in her life was better than no mom. Who really knows. It broke my heart last night watching that clip on Nancy Grace. That was true grief over the loss of his daughter and you couldn't help feeling for the man. It did say he traveled alot with his work and maybe that had a huge part of why mom had her.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I feel terrible for him.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He may not have known about the raid, or that she sold drugs. So, i have no opinion on the father as of yet. Although, it will unravel. The truth will come out. I don't believe he sent her there to live permanently though. From what i understand thus far, he was hoping for a relationship between his daughter & her mother. That's not really a far fetched thing to understand.

If i were him though, it would be hard for me to move on. He (possibly unknowingly) left his daughter where she eventually was killed. I could not live with myself if i were that man.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We don't know the story. Just because her home was raided does not mean he knew about it. I feel for him and her brother. The mother is fully responsible I think people need to leave her father alone. I get we want to assign blame on anyone but the criminal in our society but this woman is fully responsible and is not a mother at all she is no different than the moms who abort she killed her baby by selling her. So sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• People should wait until the details are out before crucifying this man. Seriously, his daughter was just murdered and found on the side of the road. Give him a f*cking break.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• May he find peace in his time of sorrow.
    *
    Unless you have personal experience with a drug addict parent, you have no idea. That child may have well begged for time with mommy, and drug addicts can be high functioning and extremely manipulative.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This poor man is clearly devastated by what has happened. He was trying to do the right thing, thinking the child's mother had cleaned up her life, gotten a job and was staying off drugs, so he lets her keep the little girl for a one-month trial period. Just a few days into the trial, the beastly female sells the little girl he has loved and raised from infancy Sells her for sexual purposes. There are no words for what he is feeling.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i feel sorry for him, but i too wonder about his judgment. His older daughter said she knew that shaniyah's mother did drugs. She said in an interview with Nancy Grace that she knew she smoked marijuana and thought that for sure she was doing cocaine. if the kid knew it then im i believe the daddy knew it too..is that a reason to keep his daughter away from her? not so sure . i agree with others maybe he wanted them to develop a relationship however, i would have done the weekend thing fora long while before just letting her go live there. however 20/20 hindsight.Im sure he wished he never had.

but another truth is that we don't know what really happened here and whether the allegations against the mother are true or not. i keep looking for any bit of information on this case. just can't get it through my head that a mom would do that to any child, though i've heard of worse.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The poor man. I kinda know why he did htat though. I had this problem with my ex. He wanted so bad to spend the summer with my oldest dd he lived in FLa and me in Pa. SO I let him. But I worried the whole. I did it so that he could have some father daughter time before she had to go to school.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Mr Locklear has 5 more children from 3 different mothers. How responsible is he and I do believe he is as responsible for little Shinayn's demise as her mother.
    Anonymous