Is this considered child abuse?

If you give your child a Hot Toddy at night. By the way no I have not & would not do this. I am only wondering what others think about it. I know when I was a child a got one or two when I was sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's not illegal to let your own child have a sip of alcohol. And if a parent makes a child a hot toddy with wiskey, I seriously doubt a full shot would be used, so no I dont' think it's child abuse. When I was a teen and would come in the house fridged from ice skating, my dad would make me hot cocoa with menthol mint schnapps in it, just a very little amount, but it sure melt the icicles of my limbs lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well idk cause I have no clue what it is. so what is a Hot Toddy.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If I remember correctly I believe that a Hot Toddy is honey sugar and whiskey. My parents gave me that when I was sick they called it "home made cough syrup" I don't think people should give their children that, I know I never will.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You don't always use whiskey,, there are all kinds of ways to make. Just google Hot Toddy Recipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• well I don't think anyone should be giving their child alcohol. But are you sure it's not an nonalcoholic one? If their doing it on purpose yes but do you know the whole story.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would say that if you give a child anything illegal (alcohol underage) it would be considered child abuse. JMHO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Zakysmommy totally off question but we have a restuarant back home that serves that. It's called an antifreeze.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What hot cocoa and mentholmint schapps? That really is good schapps, not as "bitting" as peppermint, but I'm having a hard time finiding it lol. Need to get some for this winter, that and my Bailey's
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I remember I heard all about how my Mom was given a Hot Toddy when she was little and had Whooping Cough in 1918. SHe was not lucky enough to get the immunizations for all the dangerous childhood diseases, since she was born in 1912. Vaccinations did not exist back then. WHooping Cough made her cough so hard she would throw up constantly, making her weak,and the Hot Toddy relaxed her and the heat was comforting. But,still, she was sick for weeks. I am so glad they discovered the vaccinations for those diseases. TODAY, I am sure not many parents would give their kids a drink with alcohol but I do not think it would be child abuse. People are way too obssessed with finding reasons to accuse parents of child abuse. Its a "tattle-tale" society. Very immature.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009