vasectomy

has your SO had a vasectomy? how was it? painful? how was sex life after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• Well my hub said it hurt, but not bad, he had a bag of frozen pea';s on his crotch for a couple of days then he was good to go. Also having a vasectomy has nothing to do with sex drive, that comes from the testicles and testosterone, and the testicles are left alone. If men do have sex drive problems afterwards it's mental. PLUS worry free sex is always a good thing
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My DH had a vasectomy about 2 years ago. He said it hurt a bit, but was nothing like he feared. The anxiety leading up to it was way worse than the actual procedure and recovery. He relaxed for a day or so and was fine. Very easy, very quick, I highly recommend it. Sex life didn't change.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Hubby had one 11 years ago. He made the mistake of taking Ibuprofen before the procedure and the minimal bleeding turned into a lot more bleeding than expected but the doctor got it under control quickly. He had bruising and was in bed over the weekend but went back to work the following Monday. No change in sex life. Our daughter was born 26 months later.

SECOND vasectomy was done under general anesthetic in an outpatient procedure during which the doctor removed a section of the vas. He had it done during Christmas break so he had plenty of time to recover and was up in about 36 hours doing his normal activities.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh, and YES, he did have the follow up visits after the 1st vasectomy to check sperm count...the last being 4 months before I had a positive pregnancy test. All the tests were clear until the doctor did one after we found I was pregnant and that one showed that he didn't have 0 sperm count anymore.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I thought the vasectomy was 100% effective. I knew that you had to have sperm count check but then after a few months it was 100%.
    Anonymous