6 mo

Do you feed your six month old right before bed?
How about right when he wakes up?
How many ounces?

Also...
My milk was slowly running down, and I wasn making as much as she needed, so I decided no more breastfeeding and now they are killing me!! How long until it isnt uncomfortable anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I quit feeding my children right before bed at around 4-5 months, if not sooner. If I did feed them it was like an hour or so before bedtime. I didnt' want them to associate food with sleep.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If your breasts are killing you then you must have been making a lot of milk. Nurse your baby! Now that you are able to start solids breastfeeding becomes easier.

The way you make more milk is to breastfeed more often. It usually only takes a day or two of more frequent nursing to boost a supply that wasn't quite enough.

If you want to wean, the best way for you and your baby is to do so gradually by eliminating one feeding at a time.

All babies should be breastfed at least 12 months.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Believe me, I have been at battle with my breast for the last 2 months. I am feeding her ALL DAY LONG. I am fristerated, she is frusterated, it just isnt working anymore. Zackysmommy-what about right when they wake up?? WHat was a feeding schedule like?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• At six months my daughter was not sleeping thru the night but I did feed her before bedtime in hopes that it would help her sleep longer, and I fed her a bottle as soon as she woke up, too. I figured she would be hungry in the morning and she always took the full bottle so I assume she was. One thing I found with my daughter- who was nursed for the first six months and then formula fed- was that she wouldn't drink a whole bottle if she wasn't that hungry so I didn't worry that she was overeating. If she didn't want to finish a bottle I figured she was full and didn't force the issue. At night time feedings, I would give her the bottle and after we would read a story or two and then I would sing her a song and put her in her crib. She never had issues with being gassy or having an upset stomach. She is almost 14 months and I still give her a bottle before bed and again in the morning. She does sleep all night though- finally!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2009