what if you had your inlaws or a close friend on CM and you answered her question on here when she remained anon when asking the question and you told a story about her and put her down?

i was just thinking that the other day when i answer questions on here, what if its my close childhood friend that asked that question but she remained anon?

what if my SIL added me and i didnt know that it was her(cause i didnt look at her profile) and i answered a question and told a nasty story about her on HER question?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I havea few friends on here, but anytime I talk about them-- I go anon lol
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I guess as long as we don't know for sure it is us they are talking about don't worry about it.

Or we of them....don't even sweat it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Huh? That was confusing. But ,seriously, I don't think anyone I know comes here. I don't think they realize there is such a thing as Cafe Mom. They are all at work or taking care of kids and rarely even go online. They are too busy living life and they don't have time to sit at their computers. I drop by and see what is happening every so often, mostly early AM or before the 10:00pm news. But I don't want to become addicted to the computer.
    ANYWAY, I would never talk about my family here unless it was something nice and complimentary..
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I actually worry about the same thing bc my MIL gets on here and I dont want her to see some of the stuff I put on here so I answer anonymously on stuff I worry about her reading lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This is why I'm anonymous for everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Here's a bit of advice for everyone:

Don't say anything behind anyone's back that you would't be willing to say to their face.

Also, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have a basic rule that I've noticed many online or even in the real world don't follow. If whatever I am saying about another person when they are not around is not what I don't want them to hear or know then I won't say it at all.

I'm not one for gossiping or bad-mouthing people behind their backs. Anything I have said that is not nice is true and something I've said to that persons face. I'm not mean and don't cuss at people, but I am bluntly honest. I could care less about how others run their lives so if I'm saying something it's because they either asked me or it is affecting my own personal life and I feel they should know.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I talk about my DD a lot on here and she has an account here, too, but she never comes here anymore. Even if she did there is nothing I've said in here that I haven't spoken about to her face. She would probably be upset that I air my dirty laundry to strangers, but none of you know me personally, and you certainly do not know her or her CM screen name, so no fowl, no harm (or however its said).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• she could be mad, or not care; if she's mad, she could call you or keep it to herself; If she calls, you might have a fight or work it out; if you have a fight, it might ruin thansgiving or it might make it nice not to have her (or you) around; if it ruins Thanksgiving, everyone will be polite anyway or in a bad mood and mad at you; if they are, mad at you and in a bad mood, you might be embarrassed and wish you never did suck a thing or you might not give a crap and say, KMA. If you say KMA, that might be your last Thanksgiving with the family or the start of them respecting you instead of walking all over you...I don't know! It's your life. I think it is always better to refrain from talking about others in a negative way unless you must get it off your chest, are in a private place and with someone you trust enough to be your confident.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Ditto to Knighquester.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009