Would it be so wrong if I just grabbed a trash bag and through everything away???

I just walked in my kids room and there are toys and paper etc. everywhere it seems alot easier for me to just go in there and grab throw everything in a bag and sweep up what I can then go after it with the vacuum cleaner and waalah! their room is clean :)
But I know when they come home from school there will be hell to pay...

I have no time to sort things out I have told them over and over and I am just tired of seeing their room the way it does. What would you do moms? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just do it! They can go through the trash if they want their stuff.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Nope, i've done it. Will probably do it again this week :). If they, my kids, can't take care of their stuff, then they don't need it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• That seems a bit extreme to throw everything on the floor away without asking what your kids want to keep. But maybe I was raised differently ...

redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• take the things they love the most away until it gets clean. If they DO NOT. tell them YOU ARE and have the right to throw everything out if THEY CHOSE not to do what they are told.

But i wouldnt throw the toys away i would just give them away makes more sense. Get two bags one for trash and one for toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• When they get home I'd tell them that they need to go through their rooms and find all the toys that they don't play with anymore. Make them fill a trash bag themselves. Then donate them to whatever charity will take them (I don't think Goodwill takes toys), or to someone who you think will get more use out of them. You can tell them that they need to make room for the new stuff at Christmas. I do this with my son every time a gift giving occasion comes along. We did it before his birthday and we're going to do it again before Christmas.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009