Does anyone have a recommendation for a probiotic for my 4 month old son. He is currently on antibiotics and I would like to get him a probiotic.

abruznocks

Asked by abruznocks at 10:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use Culturelle, which is available in the grocery store. Since they come in capsules, I just twist it apart and add to my daugther's milk in the morning.

Tess is two now, and we've been using it well over a year with no problems.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I dont' know that they make any for children that age. You could always try yogurt. But the small amount of time that he will be on antibiotics shouldn't have that much affect on him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding it has natural probiotics.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I am BFing. Does anyone know if I should increase something in my diet to help him? I do stay away from diary products since they tend to make him gassy.
    abruznocks

Answer by abruznocks at 10:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• They have one for Babies at Whole Foods if you have one near you
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I used Lactinex with my son but he was around 9 months by then. I think most of them are milk based, which is not recommended at such a young age. I recommend asking the pharmacist that filled the antibiotic. Mine was very helpful regarding the subject.

But I agree with the prior response breastfeeding should be protective in itself.

Hope you guys are healthy soon!
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009