Stay at home mom

I really want to be a stay at home mom and be with my son when he is born because these days you can't really trust anyone! and the people I do trust either live too far away or have a job of their own so they can't babysit. I was wondering if any of you know of any jobs that you can do online or from home that are NOT scams. I know you were probably asked this question 1000 times but I figured I would give it a try and ask here.

heatherb8924

Asked by heatherb8924 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont know of any but GL! Being a SAHM is wonderful and cruddy at the same time!!! lol If you need to reach out to other moms and ask this question, go to your local library for story time. You will connect in no time.....GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Babysit/nanny. That's what I do ;-) I do pretty well and my kiddo gets a playmate.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have a home business that I love. It took me 2 years to find an opportunity that is perfect for me but it has been well worth it. Staying at home is really hard at first but well worth it!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Why is it so hard to trust people? You trust people every day not to run the red light or to stop behind you in your car. You trust them to ring up your items correctly and the doctors to do their job. You eventually have to trust teachers at school or professions at colleges if you homeschool. There are good people out there that you can trust. Just give them a chance.

Anyhow, I do not know of any good work form home jobs. At least, not ones that you *don't* have to put up a bunch of money up front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Why is it so hard to trust people? Do you watch the news?(not trying to have a attitude) but i'm serious. The world is getting crazy. I know there are good people out there but I am NOT leaving my child with a stranger. That is just crazy
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Don't worry heatherb, I don't trust anyone with my child either. I've worked with abused and neglected children for almost 10 years, and I've seen enough to convince me to not trust folks with the most important treasure in my life. Eventually we will have to trust that they will be safe when they are school aged, but as of now, they are too vulnerable to be at the hands of someone other than their mom and dad. ;-) And Anon, I don't trust people not to run red lights or stop behind my car. My husband was in a very bad car accident when he was waiting at a stop light and a suburbon hit him from behind going 50. Had my child been in the car, she would probably not be with us today. You should always be aware of the people around you no matter how much you trust them. Not saying life a life of fear, but just be aware.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• leaving a baby is different than leaving a verbal child. I understand how you feel. Nanny, elder care, those are the only things I can think of.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have been a SAHM for 13 yrs and our kids have never step foot in a sitters house except for family..
    They get to go to sleepovers at friends homes, as long as I know the parents... But when they were babies and toddlers they were with me 24/7.. I haven't had the luxury of my parents to be there for them, they are both deceased.. So I felt when I had children that it was a commitment. I owe that to them. I want our children to look back and remember that I loved them enough to put them first.. So hopefully they will do the same with their children.. Being a SAHM isn't a glamorous job, but the rewards are so GREAT!!! That's how I look at it anyway! Don't stress about working..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i was a nanny for 6 yrs and i worked 4 different families ,and even a family where there was 3 of us working at the same time . it was horribly amazing to c the negative attitude that they had towards their job .

how they were just so tough to the kids and not lovely at all . the dad wa always upstairs working at his office and barely came down to checkon us or talk spend fe mins with his kids . their mom was working outside the home all dayyyy so everything was in our hands !

the other nannies always kept saying da they were there for the money $15 an hour . they were always on their phone , and didnt interact with the kids much .
    :(

i , in the other hand , have aways loved being a nanny , interacting with the kids , doing activities with them and all that stuff , and most importantly , let the kids knwo that im there to be with and for them , taht they can always trust me and taht i was "their older sister" ..
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• however , seeing how the other girls were ,and how they refer to the kids and things like that , it became an issue for me to trust someone with my baby , whose 3 months old almost ! i reclined the chance to go back to my job .

i know that theres good ppl outthere , but i understand you , and i know that like me , you're not willing to give it a try , cuz like a agree with kenzie , and about another job , unless you can babysit from home , i dont know lol

i wish i knew

but just relax for now and enjoy your baby !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009