Did anyone watch Dr. OZ this morning?

The HPV segment scared the crap out of me! Doctors and nurses have known about HPV for years and a lot of it's being swept under the rug, b/c they don't know enough about it and they think that if they give you a pap smear and it's normal then you don't have it...not true, you actually need to be teseted for HPV! My doctor told me I had HPV, due to infections and a genital wart that came about after my daughter was born. I've never had herpes or anything, so doc. told me it was HPV but not to worry about it that it's nothing. I'm wanting to get tested and see what affects it has since my daughter was vaginaly born, and I'm 8 months pregnant with 2nd daughter. By the way my pap smears were normal, but they need something to treat HPV.....Anyone else in a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• There need to be a more preventive matter to HPV. I had it type 16 with high grade precancer cells of the cervix at age 22. My pap was clear & I demanded the HPV test. Now I am bothered by the fact that HPV causes 85% or anal, rectal, and colon cancers. Not to mention it causes penile cancer in men, & throat and esophogos cancer in both. I know someone who got cervical cancer at age 26.it spread to her bladder, now she has to empty a bag everyday. WTF So why do they say to start testing at 40 for cervical cancer??? I am appalled by the comments I recieve from doctors and nurses and their reactions to my 25 year old ass, giong in for an HPV test in the anus. It is my right to know, right? I have all the syptoms. Wish me luck!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Dr Oz doesn't come on here until this afternoon but I'll watch it. I hear a lot about HPV being in existence but don't really know a lot about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• hpv screening test kits have been available for almost twenty years. i can vaguely remember when they first came out. there are hpv numbers you can research online that are known to cause cervical cancer, not all the hpv are known to cause it. so not only should your papsmear have the hpv screening, but your kit should identify which strain it is by number. you may want to check back with your previous tests to see if you were indeed screened, the papkits should not even be manufactured anymore without the hpv screening. the kits used to be separate and required two samples, from what i understand that is all obsolete now.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009