my 7 month old neets a CT scan

has anyones baby had to go thru this? they are still trying to schedule it and the lady was like we have to talk to the dr if they want him sedated or not. what is all involved with a CT scan, its freakin me out now!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How sad, I hope everything works out... best of luck :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• CT's are easy, they are quick. the only thing is that they have to be perfectly still, so sedation would be a good option. Nebutol is a good sedation med, they wake up feeling fine, a little loopy for a while, but otherwise ok. My son has been having head scans for 16 years now, so I'm more than WELL versed on this stuff lol. Best of luck to ya hun
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• sorry i meant to say NEED i misspelled a word for all you spelling nazis lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oooh and if by chance they aren't using the Fast CAT, which takes about 5-10 minutes, and do a longer scan that's like 30 minutes another good med is Propfal, it's got lipids and an anti-nausea agent in it, again. I know all the ins and outs of this. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh don't ya just love the spelling Nazi's, lol I for one suck at spelling in the am lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009