Is it harder to lose the baby weight after having 3 children?

Several women I know said they had no problem losing weight after having 2 children. However, when the third came along, they had a much more difficult time losing the weight and getting in shape and their body seems forever changed. Has anyone else experienced this or have friends that did? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes ma'am, even though my pic of my face looks great, my body isnt. i remember after my first child, my body sprang back into shape and then the second child it was ok, but not as great, then my third was there and it was harder to lose wieght and my body was already shot, the fourth child i had a c-section done on so i have what looks like beer gut, or pot belly
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• AFter I had my third baby it took longer and I had gained more weight while I was pregnant because I really overate. We were at a base in Germany and ate the fatty German food and the servings were so huge! So...I overate while I was pregnant. That is the main reason for weight gain,after all. It took about 6 months to get back to my usual weight and wear my normal clothing size.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I don't know about three but with my first I lost all the weight without lifting a finger in a little over a year. With the second I am having to work at it. So I would think it would be.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• After baby #2 I lost the baby weight no problem. My problem was I gained it back between the 2nd and 3rd!! With baby #3 I lost ALL of the extra weight in about 2 1/2 weeks, but I had a very traumatic delivery. I started Weight Watchers about 9 months ago and am having success with the weight, BUT not my body!! I am the same weight as I once was, but those clothes do not fit!! I carried #3 very high because of placenta previa and I think it just stretched everything out EVERYWHERE!!! It is exciting to see the scale, but frustrating when pulling out the old clothes :( I don't do much toning right now, so maybe if I started that it would be better...I dunno. Something has to work!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I just had my 6th baby 8 weeks ago and I am back in my jeans and my tummy is almost flat again. I have only been able to work out for two weeks so in another month I will be my tiny self again. I worked out during all my pregnancies walked 5 miles on the day I delivered. I think me being active and eating healthy during pregnancy is why I get back in shape so quickly. With my 5th I was in a bikini on the beach looking good just 12 weeks later.
    Anonymous

• I think it always depends on the woman and there body type. Yes its true most woman cant loose weight after a baby or its harder and takes time. I have two kids who are 5 and 3 right now and pregnant with baby number 3. It didnt take me per say forever to loose weight with my first but i lost it. I didnt BF with my first daughter but we did alot of walking. With my second daughter i did loose alot of weight because i was pumping Breast milk. So from time she was born and until 3 years od age i worked out and took BSN pills and protein shakes, ate very good and did a lot of cardio and wii fit. I went down to my pre pregnancy weight before i met my husband in 2003, 115lbs. But then my hubby came back from Iraq (15 months) and i gained about 5lbs and then another 5lbs when i was pregnant in August 2009. Im very sure im going back to 115-120 after the baby is born. i dont gain no more then 20lbs and im BF
    Anonymous

• My sis had 3, now 4 kids. She didn't keep on the weight but she was playing with and chasing all those kids! I've just had 2 and have kept 0 pounds from the babies. We are naturally thin people though, so that may have something to do with it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I had an easier time losing the WEIGHT.

its the flub thats being stubborn - three kids stretched everything out pretty good.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009