Why do you love Twilight?

I'm obsessed, I'll fully admit it. :-)

But I have to wonder, what is it about Twilight that makes moms go crazy? Usually sappy teenage love stories don't appeal to adult audiences.

Why do I love Twilight? Hmm...I think it's because of the full-fledge, head-over-heels, would-die-for-you love. I think we all hope to find love like that in our lives.

I also love fantasy books (big HP fan as well), so a love story intertwined with fantasy...that's a perfect combo for me!

What is it about Twilight that you like so much?

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 11:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• I totally agree with you. When I first read your question, I was thinking "i dont know, I just do!" But you got it right. However I am not a harry potter fan...maybe it's just the dreamy, sexy, vampire stuff that gets me ;)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I've always been intrigued with Vampires, but not like scary ugly ones. It all started with Interview with a Vampire and I've loved the story of a Vampire being romantic since. I love Twilight and I love the Vampire Diaries. I don't know why, I guess because deep down it's a true love story. *sigh*. LOL.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• forbidden love isn't it.?being with someone you're not meant to is sexy!It's dangerous!
    Plus Robert Pattinson helps in the films.I could watch him all day!
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I love it b/c the books turned me into a reader. I was never the sit around and read type, but now I'm always on a quest for a good book! I love the dialogue in the Twilight books. Its not like an author just describing a set of characters and everything in the environment, its actually dialogue and an exciting story! I can visualize every detail w/o Stephanie Meyer writing all of her descriptives on a page. Anyway, if you love Twilight, check out the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The are 2 books in the series so far and I CAN'T WAIT for the 3rd book to come out. Its reminiscent of Twilight w/o a vampire theme. The books are SO GOOD!

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Sounds just like my friend, she loves Twilight as well as the Harry Potter books. I don't think she's so crazy about the actual Twilight film though. She doesn't think it was done any justice. I wish I knew what the appeal was to mothers!
    Anonymous

• I just enjoy the romance part...the forbidden love stuff. Always have enjoyed those types of things.

I admit that its not the best stuff Ive ever read but it holds my interest for the wanting to know how they turn out...kwim?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I love the new spin put on something I thought had nothing new left anymore. The forbidden love and romance aspect really got me hooked but also the feud between the vampires and wolves and just how it seemed to me I didn't always know what would happen next. I like the books and the movie for different reasons. I cannot wait to see New Moon.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I love Stephanie Meyer's writing style. Call me childish, but I do!! I love being inside Bella's head. You really FEEL what she's feeling. And in a way, I think most women can relate to her. We've all had that ONE guy that we just wanted SO much when we were teenagers. For most of us, that didn't happen (lol), so it's awesome to read about it happening.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Sweetheart1985.....you took the words right out of my mouth. Its the way I felt as a teen. I wanted that protective, affectionate, undying love.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh, and who doesn't want a guy who's had 100 years to become mature, cultured, and wealthy! Its definately gonna take at least 100 years to get my husband to mature! HAHA!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009