Ok so here's my dd's sleeping issue...

She will be 6 months old next week. She goes to sleep fine and sleeps for around 4 hours and then wakes up almost every hour to nurse for 5 mins and then falls back to sleep. My guess is that she wakes up and doesn't know how to fall asleep on her own...I'm not against CIO but I personally can't do it. Any other ideas? Thank you!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kid wont go to sleep on his own either. When he wakes up I hold his hand and sit there until he goes to sleep. Usually, it only takes a couple of minutes.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• When she wakes up to nurse the first time you might try to keep her awake so she nurses longer and gets full. She may be waking up again because she is hungry because she just got a little foremilk when she nursed the first time and fell asleep. You can use only one breast. That way she is more likely to get the high fat hind milk that will keep her full and maybe asleep.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• co-sleep
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It could be that she's not getting enough to sustain her throughout the night. She may wake up and genuinly be hungry, but due to her still being tired she falls asleep unsatisfied. Maybe you could suppliment with formula at night to see if that helps her sleep longer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I go with Gailll here. It's not a sleep issue for baby, actually...it's a waking issue for mom! Bbay is 100% normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009