Hair help!

I have super straight fine hair and it's shoulder length. It doesn't hold a style or anything without a TON of product and even then it doesn't really last. Any one have suggestions on a style or something I can do with my hair?

saphire_eyes802

Asked by saphire_eyes802 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Would you consider getting a body wave?

If not try sleeping with soft curlers in your hair. idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i kinda have your problem, i slept with curlers in my hair and hairsprayed them down, worked great. if all else fails and dont want to spend too much time on your hair, go with the straight, get layers, part it and back comb it like scene pple do, pics are on the web under "scene"
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Get a body wave with the biggest rollers possible. Have a friend help you if you want to do it at home. Since you're just needing a little extra volume, an at-home kit will suffice.

I LOVE the Treseme Curl spray. Before you curl your hair with an iron or before you roll it, you spray a shot on the section you're curling and it freezes the curl without the build-up. I bought it on accident thinking it was for scrunching hair. lol Now I use it every time I use hot rollers.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This is what works for my GMIL who has very thin hair. She starts with a nice cut. She then perms her hair to give it more body. She has a spray called The Heat, it is a pre-style spray which helps hold in the curl. After we curl her hair we spray heavy, her style will hold all day.

My MIL suggests to everyone a root spray, which gives the roots more body, giving the hair more body. She also suggests showering at night so you don't have fresh washed hair, dirty hair (not greasy yucky hair) holds a style so much better. She says to use the foam curlers at night, and spray heavy when you pull them out.
    momofthree109

Answer by momofthree109 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think you could try some layers. Are your bangs long? Blow dry your bangs forward and a little bit away from where you want your part. This should fluff your hair a bit.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my problem is similar only mine is curly. and i'm allergic to hairspray, so anything with alcohol in it is OUT.

my stylist used some argan oil which my skin and hair LOVED. and i use a spray gel. and i don't have a ton of advice but a LOT of commisseration!
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009