What do you do w/ DH when you have some time alone together?

I have DD Thursday to monday morning every week, this leaves Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday evenings with just me & DH.

But, things have been so boring between us on those nights. I look forward to them every week, so that we can have a little "us" time. But, it's HARDLY that at all. We'll sit at the kitchen table & talk about our day, which sometimes is only a few words. But, silence takes up most of our time. Eventually i cook dinner, & we eat on the couch while we watch TV...and where one of us eventually falls asleep. RARELY does he want to have sex, i have to practically beg him.

We're having a bit of financial trouble, his credit card debt finally cuaght up to us. So, going out is not an option. He does not like most games. I just don't know what to do to enjoy these days i have alone with him. What do you do w/ DH when you have time alone to enjoy eachother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• We only get quality time together once a week. On his first off day, he sleeps most of the day. Mostly, we try to catch up on what's been going on, and then we hang out and watch a movie, or play video games, or catch up on missed TV shows, go for a walk alone, and of course, have sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What little time we get together, we watch backed up Tivo. Usually I have already seen the episodes but sit with him. We talk about our days and I update him on what is going on with the kiddos. We are comfortable with sitting in silence, just snuggled up together on the couch.
    Yesterday was a rare day, we got to spend the whole day together alone. We got the kids off to school, went for breakfast, ran a few errands, went to lunch, watched a movie together and then got the kids off of the bus.
    I know from experience financial strain takes a major tole on the body and relationships. What you have to learn is while you need to be aware of the financial issue you need to learn to not let it dictate what precious little time you all have together (he needs to learn to be this way also).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We'll watch a movie or one of those tv series, we do it...lol uh? we just pretty much hang out and talk. it is never a dull moment someitmes he'll crack a joke and make me laugh or vise versa.

It might sound boring to some but it is one of those things you have to be there to enjoy.
    You know like when someone says something funny or something funny happened that only their eyes had seen you can't really enjoy it unless you were there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We have no alone time anymore unless you count when I can get the kids in bed before I fall on my face because I'm so tired. The last time we were alone was when we visited my family in February and went to a movie. It's been hard but we have no other option.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009