Has anyone gotten a degree from Kaplan University online? Is it worth it?

Trying to get a degree in hotel management from home. I need to know if Kaplan university is trustworthy or a bunch of crooks.

Asked by busybee914 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I actually talked to Kaplan for quite a while because of their price per credit hour. Then I discovered that the program was 52 credit hours instead of the usual 36 credit hours for a masters degree so the cost per credit hour was cheaper but then I had to take more credits in order to graduate. I am now looking at ottawa university but I don't know if they have the degree you are looking for. TO answer your question I think that kaplan is accredited and from my research isn't a crooked institution.

Answer by newmom530 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't know about Kaplan but I used Penn Foster Career School for a certification in Pharmacy Techinician. They were in fact true..they are accredited as well. They aren't too expensive either! Good luck!!

Answer by missthumper86 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i havent headr of them before but my husband used univ. of pheonix and has one more class to go... hope you get some good answers!

Answer by TakeMeAway331 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008