more carpet cleaning questions

I saw the recent question about carpet cleaning. My problem is that we had our beige carpet professionally cleaned a couple of months ago. They put the Scotch Guard on it and everything, but now it seems like my carpet is as dirty as it was initially. I clean regularly, but I guess having a 2 yo is just really hard on carpeting. I've used the rental machines before and was very pleased with the job they did. I simply don't have time for the required drying time. Also, the dirt that I'm noticing is spotty and in the walkways, not all over the carpet. So, my question is, have you used a home cleaner that really seemed to work?

JawgaMom1

Asked by JawgaMom1 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If the carpets are soiled again that quickly and dirt is sticking in the walkways, there's a good chance that the technician did not rinse the residue out of the carpet when he cleaned it, leaving behind a sticky film that causes rapid resoiling. Some companies don't use detergents, but hydrogen peroxide Green cleaning solutions instead, which eliminates that problem. However, if this company uses detergent instead, it would be very important for all the detergent to be extracted back out of the carpet. The same goes for the home steam cleaners, which is one of the reasons they're such a joke--they simply do not have the suction power to remove the cheap soaps most people insist on using with it. If you're going to use a home steamer, just fill it with plain hot water, maybe a capful or two of white vinegar and do it that way. Use club soda for spot cleaning. Continuing to "shampoo" it will only add to the soiling issue.
    Anonymous