Christmas with a 2 month old...

Okay so Alyssa will be 2 months on Dec. 17th and i have NO clue as to what to get her for christmas, shell be too young for toys, and we have a ton of clothes... any ideas? Everyone keeps asking me what they should get her and i have no idea what we are even gunna get her :*(

AlyssaDevonsMom

Asked by AlyssaDevonsMom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• Ask for gift certificates for stores so as she grows you can choose the best fitting clothes. Also bookstores are great ideas - they have great things too for babies and toddlers. The cards don't have to be used right away, they'd be gifts of time when time is right for new sizes of clothes being needed even spontaneously and for when new books or books recommended from friends are wanted.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• oh and about bookstores - from Barnes and Noble when I once received a gift certificate I bought three separate identical books for my three kids. Each book had questions and space for answers, plus real life stores of parents lives as kids and babies themselves growing up compared to your own children's milestones and experiences. Great great keepsakes to pass on to your children.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• LOL just clothes, shes too young to care about anything except snuggling, eating, sleeping and pooping. The gift card idea is a good one
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Why not get some books... you can read those to her... maybe a musical toy for her room...
    She is to young to know what this holiday is all about, so it isn't going to matter... as for others giving gifts, the gift card idea is wonderful, this way as she grows out of some of her clothes you can replace them by using the gifts cards... just put the name of giver on the card and when you use it send them a thank you card letting them know what you bought for your dd with it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• just get her things she will use later.. like a wagon is very useful or maybe some movies!
    Anonymous

• If you use disposable diapers or formula, have people get her those. Gift cards to buy clothes later in the year are a good idea (she'll grow out of clothes quickly!). Maybe some other "baby supplies" like diaper rash cream would be helpful too.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my son we'll be 4 months in dec 20th n what im getting him is toys for older minths , like that he can use when hes a month older , after all , babies develop at different stages .

so , buy her , toys that she can hold on to in a short time she will ! my son was able to grab/hold tiny toys for his age since he was 1.5 months old

as for other ppl , they can give her gift certificates so you'll get her wha she needs !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• All kinds of stuff that you can use over the next year. They grow so fast.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 1:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son will be 3 months old on Dec. 14. All he's getting for Christmas is a few outfits and one toy. He really doesn't need anything because he's the youngest of 4 and has an older brother to borrow clothes from. If anyone asks me what they can get him I'm going to tell them diapers.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 1:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would say maybe a crib toy or two and clothes for when she gets bigger. Maybe just items like sippy cups that she will use eventually.
    Anonymous