Dying Hair Questions

I am not sure if the question has been asked before, however I do want to gain more knowledge from those that may have or known others that have used Henna to dye their hair.

I have thick, long dark brunet hair and can't afford a salon price given how much hair I have. I want to go from my hair color to red; this will be my first time doing anything like this so I am not sure where to start and right now just gaining information from you pro's. If I get boxes I've been told a lady a the salon that dyes my moms hair I would need 4 boxes; I'm not too sure I want to go this route.

Please let me know if you dye your hair what you use. If you have hair like mine I would really like to know what you not only use but also how well it turns out and how long it lasts?

Knightquester

Asked by Knightquester at 12:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Henna is awesome to get to a red I have used it and at the time I LOVED it. The color gets more intense each time you apply it. A few drawbacks are that if you want to change the color you have to wait for the henna to grow out and it can weigh your hair down. It is basically a stain that coats your hair, it is a vegetable dye. It can't lighten your hair.
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 3:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Thank you! :) I've heard a lot of positive reviews online, but have been unsure. I didn't realize it got more intense over time. I wished it could lighten my hair a little; I'm wanting something drastic as far as a difference, but I think I'll try, let it grow out if I don't like it and experiment. :-)
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2009