Umm curious looking mole...

Yesterday I noticed a mole on my shoulder, well more like the base of my neck. I never noticed it there before and its not huge but def noticable. Thing is, it feels like a scab, you know rough and dry....and its dark brown. I hadnt noticedit before yesterday either. Anyone had this happen before? It only freaks me out more than normal bc a friend of mine a week younger than me passed away in July from skin cancer. So just getting ideas out there.....

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• Either the American Academy of Dermatology or A College of D runs clinics through the country at different times, check that maybe soon there's one near you.

If not then get an appointment with a determatologist - you're important take care of yourself!!!!
    Hope things are ok, let us know!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If it's dry and scaley/scabby, it sounds like basal cell carcinoma......the lesser of the evils. Get it checked/biopsied.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009