social security chaos....!! help..

my baby is 2 mnths and 2 weeks... and her social securtiy card has not come yet. in the mail. should i be worried.. :(

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 12:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have no way of knowing. What does the SS department say the hold up is?
    Anonymous

• No need to worry. They take FOREVER!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• it can take that long to get it. i know the two children of mine that were born in a hospital took longer to receive than the one that wasn't. hospital paperwork takes a while, and the SS Administration may not have even gotten record of her birth until a month afterward. if it worries you greatly, call your local branch and ask them what you should do. you may have to go into the office if you do not get it.

my first two childrens cards did not come until they were over 3 months old. my last one, his came when he was about 6 weeks- my midwife was very quick to get everything filed for us...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The receipt I got for my sons SS card said it would take at least 8weeks. However, I got his in 4weeks. So I guess you just never know. But if they expect at least 8weeks I'd say you're fine. If you're really worried, call the SS administration.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think it took us around 8-10 weeks to get ours. I wouldn't worry too much .
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• we must have gotten a lucky break then, ds just turned 3 weeks and we got his last week!!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We got ours within 2 weeks of coming home from the hospital. I would call them and see what the hold up is. If they don't have record of the application, then you'll need to call the hospital and see what happened with the application (if your hospital is the one that turns it in like ours is!).
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2009