my one year old does't want to let me leave the house at all what could i do ?

he is very atteached to me and his daddy works night shift but if i leave him with our family then he goes into a rage he wants to go every where i go but i uesly do take him but we leave him with his pawpaw and he goes crazy sreacing and cring the whole time that we are gone and when we come home and he sees us he 's back to himself please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um, dont' let it stop it you. If your family is willing to deal with your son when he's acting like this, then it's ok. This is common for a one year old, but a big mistake is always giving in. My daughter would have been attached to me at the hip if I let her, but I didn't. She didn't like me being gone, but she got over it....LONG before I got over the guilt lol. And if your son is throwing tantrums then there should be consequences for it. This is a phase and GOD willing it will be a quick one, been there, done that lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my son is 2 and is the same way and I totally LET this happen and I know it now.. BAD... I WANTED to take him all the time and on all my errands so now If I even have my one a month lucnch with my girlfriend he crys the whole time...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My daughter somewhat does the same thing. when shes at my parents and it comes to the times she usually nurses (breastfeeds) she will pitch a fit. She is almost 14 months old and i left her with my parents for the 1st time last saturday the 14th. she was ok the 1st 3hrs then after she woke up from her nap she screamed til they brought her home to me. so i know how you feel somewhat. just don't give in and be consistent, eventually he will get better at being away from you.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My daughter will be 1 next month. I have been able to leave her with only one person and that is my neighbor who is also moving out of state next week. If I leave ehr with my husband (her dad) she will usually throw a fit. I have tried to leave her with my mom and she did good until my mom tried to out her down to bed. The problem want that she was in a new place because she had slept there the day before. She is attached to me and although we let her throw her fit when I leave it hasn't gotten any better. I hope it does soon because it is becoming concerning, we just don't want her to injure herself during one of her tantrums. Needless to say I know how you feel but "this too shall pass". Good Luck and aseveryone has said be persistent
    mommy2josh410

Answer by mommy2josh410 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009