How do Daniel Pearls parents feel about the terrorist being tried in NYC?

Links below..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• But somehow, barbarism, often cloaked in the language of "resistance," has gained acceptance in the most elite circles of our society. The words "war on terror" cannot be uttered today without fear of offense. Civilized society, so it seems, is so numbed by violence that it has lost its gift to be disgusted by evil.

I agree.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The words of Judea Pearl:

But somehow, barbarism, often cloaked in the language of "resistance," has gained acceptance in the most elite circles of our society. The words "war on terror" cannot be uttered today without fear of offense. Civilized society, so it seems, is so numbed by violence that it has lost its gift to be disgusted by evil.
    tnmomofive

• Since when does a crime victims family have any say in where the suspect is charged?
    Anonymous

• How does Mayor Bloomberg?
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but this right here:

We are respectful of the legal process, but believe that giving confessed terrorists a worldwide platform to publicize their ideology sends the wrong message to potential terrorists...

is indicative of right wing media influence.

Khalid plead guilty. There will be no trial, no media platform at which to "publicize his ideology". As if they needed one.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• victims sis of 9/11 is for it, is this an opinion poll?
    Anonymous

• So OP what do you personally want ?

Federal court is the right place to charge the terrorist and they will get the deserved punishment. When they go to military tribunal it is impossible to charge them with act of terrorism.

Anonymous

• What do I want? I posted about the parents of Daniel Pearl not myself

If it was up to me youd likely call me disgusting for what id like to see done to the pos..but if nothing else military trial would suit much better..and by the way this wont suddenly make us look wonderful before the world ladies...I mean according to Holder anyway they have already set their sentence..all over tv..saying he will likely get death and things..I can hear it now..'evil americans it was fixed'

watch
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• and to the one anon there are many famlies who lost loved ones on 911 who ARENT for this pos being tried in NYC..they have a letter you can sign to send to Obama
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009