I need help with my child care coursework. What do you think the likes and dislikes of a three year old girl would be?

Rosie1994

Asked by Rosie1994 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Um, that's impossible to answer because they are all different. My daughter would get pissed off if the sky wasn't as blue as she wanted it when she was that age lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Every child is different and it's almost impossible to narrow it down to any-one type of thing a 3 yr old little girl would like...
    I had 2 girls and was a baby doll / girlie girl and the other a tom-boy...
    I also worked in Child Care for yrs and believe me there is no one right answer for this...
    Sorry I couldn't have been more help to you
    GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You should post and ask the mommies what their girls like...then you can get a broad idea and narrow it down from there.. like the other posters said there is never going to be one right answer to that question.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well my DD likes anyhing her older brothe rhas. She loves the park, any kid TV shows. She is learning to play the DS.She like Mr potatoe head, puzzles, play dough, shoes, dresses
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• That is a question that cannot really be answered because it depends on the 3 yr old girl. I teach 3 and 4 yr olds and each of those girls like and dislike different things. I have girly girls and tomboys. I never had to answer a question like that in all the child care and development classes that I have taken.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would say, going a different route here, the typical 3 year old girls basic likes and dislikes would be as follows.
    likes:
    1)affection
    2)independence
    3)Praise
    dislikes:
    1)being held or asked to stay still against her will
    2)being corrected in benign situations(i.e. 'no that's not red it's pink') as well as correctional (i.e. 'No, We don't hit')
    3)changes in set routines (i.e. 'No it's raining we can't go on our walk today')
    I would list those for either sex though...What are you going for?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009