Family bed: at what age do they go to there room? was it the same sex?

In a family bed Mommy daddy 2 girls and 2dogs.

If u had a family bed I would love to hear your story, and when and why u sent them to there own room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• We co-slept/sleep. I didn't plan on it being that way, but it ended up working for us. My daughter co-slept with us until she was 2 years and 2 months old, we encouraged her to sleep in her own bed, but never pushed. One day she decided to sleep in her room and she never looked back. She's now 4 and still a great sleeper. We read a story at bedtime and that's it, we don't see her again until the morning. My son is 2.5 and isn't as easy...we are slowly transitioning him to his bed. I'd say 2 nights a week he sleeps in his room by himself, another 2 nights one of us has to go sleep with him for some portion of the night in his bed and the other nights he ends up in our bed at some point. Its a work in progress =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would say then when you and your hubby, or even just one of you, wants your marital bed to be an actual marital bed, then it's a good time to put the kids in their own rooms lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• WIth my boys they were in their own beds by age 3, it usually happened when I became pregnant with the next baby and they boys were tired of the baby kicking them. My daughter is now 5 and sleeps half the night in her bed and half in mine, she comes in early morning and snuggles up. She moved to her own bed at age 4 but cant seem to give it up completely so she wanders in around 2 or 3 in the morning. I think she really just likes waking up with us, she has always been a snuggly baby.

At this point I am fine with her being with us a few hours every night it wont last much longer so i want to enjoy it while i can :) My boys do end up in my bed when they are sick which is fine with me, I prefer to have them close by when they dont feel well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my baby is almost 3 months , n at d beginning , ds , dh n i slept in the bed 2gether , but somhow we ended uo sleepin in d sofa , except for ma dh !lol

cuz he has to go to work n i thought da da way he'll get a better sleep

but now i rmrbr y it happened ! lol

cuz my baby wouldnt sleep anywhere but the sofa , lol
    he'll wake up lol

but the other day that we id sleep in the bed , i was amazed cuz i had actually forgotten what it felt like to sleep in a bed ! lol
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well, my oldest and his dad share a bed in his room and I share a bed with the youngest. They are 3 1/2 and 2. But we are planning on moving daddy to the couch soon. I honestly don't know how long the little one and I will be in the same bed. He has some issues sleeping and both my kids have horrid nightmares.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009