I have a job interview for an optometrists office as a receptionist and I am so flippin excited!

I need this job so badly. We are living hand to mouth, if that. What sealed the deal when you were in your interview? Most job interviews were never as vital as this one. We need the benefits so badly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How wonderful! I wish you all the best!!!

I remember a job interview I had a few years back and I messed up big time when I was asked to tell her a little about myself. I launched into telling her a bit about my personal life and family. HUGE mistake! What they really want to hear is about your personal experience in the field or what led you to interviewing for the job, how you can benefit the company, and making it sound like a natural story without making it sound like your resume. Don't fidget, smile, lean forward a little, and don't wear black & white and bright colors. :)

Have fun and best wishes to you!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Fingers crossed for you! I hope you get it. Mainly for me it was what I had to offer that would benefit the business. So it means having skills that they need.

Answer by Bmat at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I haven't worked for hundreds of years. Congratulations Mommy!!!!!! Proud of you for all you do as a mom!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Good luck!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Congrats. I'll pray you get it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Congrats......I worked as a receptionsit for years. I am sure their job duties are pretty easy, answering the phones, helping the technitions when asked.......good luck!

AND prehaps free exams, etc come with it!
    Anonymous

• I can't spell today! I meant ReceptionIST. not sit! LOL Though you DO sit a alot! LOL
    Anonymous

• Think about what you will say if they ask you your strengths and weaknesses. That's always the hardest for me.
    Anonymous

• Oh yea, I just started on a job that I was equally desperate for and I did not get hired for two others. I think above all, you need to show enthusiasm and passion for the job without looking desperate. The job I have is in an adolescent clinic. When they asked me why I was interested, I said, "As soon as I saw adolescent, I was excited. I really enjoy working with teenagers, I have experience through high school nursing and I have two at home." I was smiling and giving eye contact and listened closely to what they said while they talked. I looked interested and enthusuastic. I am certain that one job I interviewed before didn't turn into anything because the woman kept saying the word "passion" and I just couldn't say it or act like it for that job. Looking back, I could have been excited and sounded passionate to nail it. She even said she can tell when someonee is just there for a paycheck. Good Luck!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2009