What's wrong with the Dolly on The Island of Misfit Toys?

This question always bothered my brother and me growing up. In the classic holiday feature "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", Rudolph visits the Island of Misfit Toys. All the toys explain why they are misfits, or it is obvious by looking at them (like the train with the square wheels). But what the heck is wrong with Dolly???? How is she a misfit??? Now that I'm watch the show with my own daughter, the mystery has once again raised it's ugly head!

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH1j1luFOw

I had to watch the segment again to give an answer.  I think it's because her hair isn't in braids with perfect bows.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• maybe she is supposed to stand for people who look normal but dont really fit in anyways. that not all problems are something you can SEE. idk. those movies are so strange!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Look this question up. Someone answered it about a month ago. I forget the answer. Maybe no one loves her?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• That has always bothered me too!!! I thought I was the only one. I ask that same question EVERY year when we watch Rudolph and noone ever seems to know!! I hope someone comes up with the answer!! This bugs the snot outta me every year!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i think it's because she is a Red Head and everyone wants "blonde" dolls. Honestly IDK but that is the only thing I can think of.
    Anonymous

• She's missing her panties - bad Dolly!

No seriously, I don't know. I asked this a week or so ago and didn't get any good answers. Bass and Rankin should answer this.
    Anonymous

• I just watched it, and nothing was mentioned in the song about the dolly having anything wrong with her, but the Charlie In The Box said that the King of the island flies around the world every night looking for misfit toys and toys that aren't loved. I'm thinking that's the dolly's problem.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I honestly don't know! This show made me cry even as a little child weatching it! I know I'd be pleased to have any of these toys and I'd Love them totally!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009