Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when can i do about my husband raciast attitude.

I have a friend that is married to a man that is half black and half white. well she told me that she is pregnant and i was so happy i told my hubby. His exact respond "well what so you expect? that all those people know how to do is f---" I was so mad. i am doing anon. because my friend is on CM. he does that all the time. if he see a news article about a black man committing a crime; he always said "what do you expect"

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • I don't think there is anything that you can do, except ask him to respect your feelings. I would just try to make sure that his attitude did not rub off on your children. I am sorry to say that as old as he is it is probably just programmed in and cannot be reprogrammed. The best you can hope for is him loving you and therefore respecting your feelings.

    Answer by kc932 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • some people were raised that way and just dont know any better. theres probably nothing you can do to make him change his mind or views. Just let him know it hurts your feelings when he makes comments like that and maybe he wont do it anymore

    Answer by shay1130 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • i dont want to sound harsh but a lot of pplr around here , express the same way about black ppl . however , ur dh should try to keeps those thoughts to himself cuz theres bad ppl of every race not just black . n theres not really much that u can do ! thats the way ur dh is !

    Answer by happymom1988 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Statistics agree with him so just don't say anything. He has a right to his opinion.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • There is nothing you can do to change him or anyone else. The only person who can change him is himself, but he first has to want to be different. Even that is out of your control.

    Answer by NannyB. at 1:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Just don't participate in it. You can't change him.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Flat out tell him that it makes him look like an ignorant redneck. I dated a guy like that for a bit and I told him he embarssed me. I feel for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.