How did your first birth plan differ from your second or third?

When I had my son, my birth plan going into it was "no IV, no Pit, and no epi". That didn't happen. He pooped inside and we needed to speed up the birth quickly. They put an IV in, put Pit in the IV, and about 4 hours in, I asked for an epi. So now I'm thinking my new birth plan for my next kid (whenever that may be) will be "stick me, Pit me, and stick me again". It wasn't as bad of an experience as I thought it would be so I think I'll have every baby like this if possible. Haha.

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 1:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first plan was "do whatever, but no epidural" and that's how it went. It was the most God-Awful experience ever. My second was a scheduled c-section, and that went off w/o a hitch.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• the only birth that went even close to birth plan was my last. the first two had to be induced early and i had to have the epi, and the things that went wrong i never could have planned for .

with my last i said no drugs all natural no inducing unless we have no choice, i went 2 weeks overdue and spent labor in the jacuzzi at the hospital and had her completely natural, she came out a little faster than we expected and that was not in the plan lol and my DH was 300 miles away and made it to the hospital with 20 minutes to spare before she popped out but other than that it went according to plan.

Plan for best case scenerio and also plan for worst, I learned its better to know what you want done under either condition.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Going for a natural homebirth in the water.
    Anonymous

• Um my plan was the same for both kids, go to hospital, come home with a healthy baby lol. Oh and to get an epidural if possible.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I had no birth plan. I had my daughter naturally and with no tearing or episotomy.
    Anonymous

• Oh I had a plan alright. A healthy baby with 21 pages. Who read those pages? ME. The hospital and midwife really? NOT at all. Here is the thing I think the birth plan gave me something to visualize. I did have pit drip to speed up the end of delivery I think.
    Second delivery never wrote a plan, that I remember. Maybe b/c she was born 8w 2days early.
    Third kid born on the floor in the triage room of the delivery floor, I was not even checked in.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009