Hemming pants without sewing?Does

Does anyone know how or what those things are called that you can use to shorten pants? I saw them on tv but am unsure of what there called

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I havent seen anything on TV about it so sorry cant help you with that but I do know of this tape (sort of) that would work. I dont know the name of it but I bought it in the craft section at Walmart and all you do is put it between 2 fabrics and iron it and it will stick. So if you are trying to hem up pants I would buy it and figfure up how far up you wanna go and mark it ( I always iron the ends to make a crease so I know ecactly where the pants will fall) and then put the tape inside the crease and Iron. Sorry if this is confusing.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• the name of the product you're thinking of is "Stitch witch"...

follow package directions, and then use "liquid stitch" or "fraycheck" on the raw edges of the fabric to prevent fraying. allow to cure for several hours before washing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009