OMG, I'm watching Wife Swap, and....

It's so disgusting how sexist this man is! Is anyone else watching this crap?? I'm all for being a homemaker and taking care of the house, but if my husband treated me like THAT, he would no longer be my husband. This is really sickening.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 1:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really love to watch Wife Swap and Trading Spouses. I like to learn about different lifestyles of different people in different parts of the country in different walks of life.
    There do seem to be some extreme lifestyles and I wonder why they choose to be a part of the show if they don't intend on trying the other wife's lifestyle out before changing the rules.
    My husband told me that if I ever signed up for one of those shows he would move out for the period of time they did the show...lol.

OP ~ I've seen a lot of Wife Swaps with sexist men. Did you watch a rerun or a new show? I never get to see the new ones - just the reruns, which I've seen about 2-3 times each {sigh}.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Why do people watch that show? I watched it once in the beginning but realized it is like a Jerry Springer episode and have avoided it since. Do people really believe this to be entertainment? UGH.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i love that show! it takes a peek into other peoples lives and sometimes really makes you thankful for what you got! at least it does for me! my husband doesnt treat me like crap like some ive seen. altho id never do that show. but its fun to watch
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• SusieD, yeah there are a few sucky episodes where they just fight the whole time and it's ridiculous, but most of them are really good, and some have even made me cry. I love this show. I like seeing the structure of other families. It actually motivated me to keep my house spotless because of some of the people on there who don't "believe" in cleaning. (That was a GROSS episode, lol)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• That show cracks me up. At first I really wondered if the people on there were real, or if it was all acting, then the whole saga with the balloon boy came out. I think a good deal of it is probably played up for the show. But it's still really funny to watch. We were watching one episode where teh wife would get up at like 4am, make her husbands breakfast, set out his clothes, pack his lunch and start his car! I just laughed and told dh Don't you wish I was a good wife like that? lol. He said he'd never let me do that stuff for him.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This show makes me laugh, makes me cringe. I also saw the one where the wife got up at 4 am to do all that for her husband. I think that's going a little too far. It's one thing to be a happy housewife, but I'm assuming her husband is a grown man who can take care of himself enough to get himself out the door in the morning. Neither of them respect themselves if he can't even do that for himself and if she thinks it's her responsibility. Weirdos only need apply.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husband says this has to be put on...alot of it actually. They have a producer come in and tell each family to go over the top, it's all about ratings
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm guessing it was a re-run, lol. I wasn't even aware they still made the show anymore, haha. But I watch it whenever they play 2 episodes in a row in the morning.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2009