DS loves to make himself sick. Any ideas to make him stop?

He started this a few months ago and he stopped about a week later. But now it had started up again and it's even worse. last night he did it for more than 30 minutes in the car. I know it's just a phase but I had a huge mess to clean up last night when I got him out of the car.
I have tried leaving it on him b/c he hates being dirty, but he just wiped his hands off on his pants and went on with bussiness.
I have also tried to ignore him but he does it anyways.
I'm losing my mind and an tired of puke patrol! any ideas would be greatly appriciated!

colorsofgrey

Asked by colorsofgrey at 1:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sorry but I didn't get what is he doing to make himself sick? I want to help with a suggestion but I don't know what is the problem exactly.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He is sticking his whole hand in his mouth and halfway down his throat. He laughs when he is gaging and crys when he actually pukes. I need to nip this little phase in the bud. I'm worried about his teeth and with him hurting himself.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 2:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• A child who goes from 0-1000 on the anger scale??? Using his fist in his mouth represents how his feeling are stuffed down inside of him - weird psycho babble maybe, but think about when people are so distraught, they immediatly put their hands to their mouths (biting your fist so to speak) so as not to say what you really feel??? Not sure how old he is, but what is most important is trying to figure out (with affection and physical contact )what they are upset about way before the "anger meter" starts to rise and burst at the seems (throwing up) . Chin up - if any other questions - let me know.
    saykay

Answer by saykay at 4:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009