vasectomy

has your SO had a vasectomy? how was it? painful? how was sex life after? also, do you know anyone who got pregnant after SO had vasectomy? I thought they were 100% effective but found out they are not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing is 100% effective...

With that said, i've known a few guys who had a vasectomy and all experienced minor discomfort the first couple of days, spent the first day or two resting and then after that they were up and about like normal.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes, my dh had one. As has my father, brother and brother-in-law. No new babies afterward and all of them were fine within a day. It was more of an ego thing than anything else. Sex is without worries.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 1:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husbands Aunt just got pregnant after her husband had one. He didn't go back to have it checked and it didn't take. Nothing is ever fool proof.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My hub did a vasectomy, he lived through it lol. NOTHIGN is 100% successful except abstinance or in my case a HYSTERECTOMY lol. But to be able to get a woman pregnant after a vasectomy is rare. Usually it happens shortly after the procedure and BEFORE an ejaculation sample was brought in. A man needs to have so many ejaculations, I think its 12, then he takes the sample to the doc and check for sperm, if no sperm, then HAPPY WORRY FREE SEXING
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husband had one the day after our second son was born in 2005. It was a total piece of cake! Sex since then has been great because it's spontaneous and stress-free with no worry about birth control. Pretty much every story involving someone pregnant after a vasectomy includes "He didn't go back for the all clear". My husband got two clear sperm counts after his was done.

There's some failure rate info here: http://www.vasectomy-information.com/articles/october2006.htm but the main point is this: "So what are the chances of a vasectomy rejoining after the all clear has been given? This is known as late recanalization, and is in fact very rare. It develops in only about one in 4,000 (0.025%) of vasectomies. It has been known to occur as late as 17 months after vasectomy."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2009