Need ideas on good quality time for the weekend!

My first born daughter just turned a year old. Now that she knows when I come... and go... for work, the guilt of a working mom is setting in. I know that there is nothing I can do about working right now... I have to, but when I am with her, I want to make sure it is quality.

Since she goes to bed at 7:30pm, I usually only get a little over an hour with her... usually to give dinner and a bath. Not too much time to play.

On the weekends, I want to find things that dont cost a lot, but make me feel like I am spending good time with my daughter... not just letting the weekend slip by. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Tina

StepMom0915

Asked by StepMom0915 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well this weekend you can do some Thanksgiving crafts, make a hand print turkey, you can do it on paper, fabric paint on a tee shirt or hand towel. Go outside and collect leaves. Find cute turkey songs and sing them. Make a list to send to Santa...now it the time to start making some traditions for the two of you.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Don't feel guilty about having to work. Your child knows you love her by the way you look at her.
    A ball and a park are very easy things to do and children love them. Playgrounds are wonderful if weather cooperates. Just be at home cuddle with her, make the center of your attention, she will like that.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• When it's cold outside, indoor activities.....mall play areas, playdates with other kiddos her age, library time, children's museums. There's always all of the fun things you can do at home too, make up games, silly faces, dance around the living room with the music on, read books, anything!
    When it's warm outside......take walks on trails or around the neighborhood, go to the park, beaches, swimming at a pool, chalk, take some playballs out and play, zoos, farms, tons of things to do.
    Really you can create quality time anywhere. Kids are happy to just have that special one on one time. Have fun! ;)
    Anonymous