What is the best vacuum cleaner for children with allergies

What is the best vacuum cleaner for children with allergies? I just want to get the best one to keep my house cleaner for my daughter.

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 1:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• For me there in no other vacuum than a Dyson. It is pricey but oh so worth every dime. Once you go dyson you'll never see a vacuum the same way. And you will never assume a carpet is clean unless a dyson was used to clean it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• kurby

in most cases it can either be a tax write off or insurance will pay a portion of the cost.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Hoover Windtunnel!!!!! I had a Eureka that drove me absolutely bananas! Then I discovered that my friend had the Hoover Windtunnel, so I tried it out and it was the best vacuum EVER! It literally sucked the carpet off of the floor and went from carpet to hardwood in a blink! It got the 'consumers best' award. I got mine off of ebay brand new for 139.00
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh, and it has the hepa filter that you can change to keep the allergens from getting back into the air.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We have a Dyson and have had it for years but I have also heard good things about the Hoover Wind tunnel.
    Anonymous

• I have a Bissell Healthy Home vac and love it. It's fantastic at picking up the hair from both my dogs (and one of 'em has a double thick coat, too) and keeping the dirt & dust under control. It works equally well on tile floors, hardwood floors and carpeting. It has a pre-filter, a HEPA filter & microban in the plastic, so allergens, bacteria and mold don't have a chance of surviving & getting spewed through the air as I vacuum. All the tools are on-board & easy to use and the hose is long enough to reach all the way up my stairs. The Bissell Healthy Home vac is also supposed to be like a Dyson, except w/o the high price tag.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We have a Dyson and it is the best. Dyson's also have hepa filters. In case you want one without paying the high (est) price, I saw an ad that Big Lots has a Dyson for $299, I think it is a discontinued model. That is a super price because we paid $549 for ours.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Our Allergist recommended an oreck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2009