Shouldn't there be something?

Im currently 21 weeks with my 3rd child and I still have not felt my baby move at all. I guess I just want to know if thats normal because I have heard that after your 1st baby you should be able to feel the baby move sooner. I felt my first baby at about 20 wks and my second at about 18 or so. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry. I felt my first at 16 weeks. I didn't feel my second until 20 weeks. I was very worried. When I brought it up to the doctor he said 20 weeks was average.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I usually feel mine around 16 weeks, same with my 3rd, (im 17 weeks right now). I guess it depends on your body type, my doc said that with larger body types, it takes longer to feel the baby. I am really small and still only felt a little around 16 weeks. It moved around while they were taking the heart rate and I didn't feel anything, we could just hear it on the doppler.

Have you heard the heart beat? Have you told your doc that your concerned? He/She may do an ultrasound to make sure everything is fine, but if you have heard the heartbeat then everything in prob. fine.

If your really concerned go get a doppler (they have some at Wal-Mart) just read the directions, on some of them you have to be so far along to hear anything. Good Luck:)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have not heard the heartbeat at my first app which was when I was about 11 wks I got an ultrasound but just to make sure there was a baby and everythign looked fine then but I have another one coming up soon. I was just wondering if it was something that I should ask my doctor about or just let it play out on its own
    Anonymous

• Honestly by 20 weeks you should start to feel the baby move. If you don't start to feel it by your next check up be sure to tell the doctor. They are supposed to ask anyhow. Good luck. = ) And congrats!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• start to wonder at 25 weeks. They average is 16-20 weeks, but it can go up to 25 as well. I wouldn't worry too much. Call your nurse line to make sure.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It probably has to do with the location of the placenta. Most women who dont know theyre pregnant for months and months (or who go into labor without knowing) have an anterior placenta which keeps them from feeling the baby move. Some women never feel it...
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009