melatonin

For those who have given it to your kids.... how many mg?
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• I give 3mg to my 14 year old son. It really works great. A half hour to 45 minutes and he's asleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son takes about 6mgs and he's 16
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I just looked up your profile and see your son is younger. Just ask your doctor first. I asked my doctor and he told me how much to give my son. We have seen great results because my son is finally getting a full night's sleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I had used it in the past which was recomeneded by his old doc. It has been a long time since I needed it and I can't find the chewable kind I had before. I bought 3 mg swallow tabs and just wanted to be sure it was ok.
    Thanks all.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I am not comfortable giving hormones to small children. I would try an herbal tea, like chamomile or valerian root, or Rescue Remedy for kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009