What do you do when you discover dust where you'd never thought of dusting?

We have our water heater in the utility room and of course I do laundry there well today I had a wild hair up my butt and decided to straighten up well I noticed about 1/2 inch of dust on top of the water heater, but by then there was little stuff like nails and misc. stuff I just gave it a quick brush but really didn't do that great of a job. I'd either have to throw away all those little misc. stuff or clean them one by one. How did I let it get so bad like that :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I remember that there is dust there and dust it from then on. One place we lived, the stairs had an iron banister with curls in it. My husband asked why I never dusted the curls. I honestly never noticed that they collected dust. After that, of course, I did dust them. I guess this goes along with my theory that I only clean when I notice dirt, and I don't look very hard.

Answer by Bmat at 2:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I dust it.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm weird about dirt. I don't want it at all. So I clean under everything every time I dust, in every crack and crevasse I can think of, I'm sure there is somewhere I'm not thinking to clean, but if I think of it I'll be right there with the swiffer duster, pine-sol rag and whatnot.
    Anonymous