My friend had the swine flew for about to weeks and she said she is better but

she still has a little cough (not as bad as she was before) anyways my question is, is there anyway i can get it? i went out with her today? and she said she was not contagious anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• I thought once you started taking the medicine and the fever broke you were fine. I think your fine I just wouldn't get close or share a drink.
    Anonymous

• From coughing alot it takes your throat awhile from being irritated & inflamed from coughing so I think that you are fine as long as you didn't drink after her & wash your hands really well (you should be doing that anyway) after anytime you go out. Hand sanitiser is like my bible these days when I am out & about!
    larisasmom

Answer by larisasmom at 2:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• She is absolutely sure it was Swine Flu? She was tested for exactly that?
    Anonymous

• anon 31 they dont always test anymore actually in my county they hardly test at all because the test is only 40% accurate...because its not seasonal flu season they assume its the swine flu....and my daughter and i have both had it once you are fever free for 24 hours you are fine
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes she was. She went to the hospital because she was complaining about chest pain and she could not breath and omg i am scared because i took a hit of her cigarette.
    Anonymous

• Like PPs said, they diagnose swine flu now based on symptoms, so unless they sent in a lab sample (which takes like 5 days) she likely doesn't have it. If she does, she's probably not contagious. Usually they're contageous at the beginnning. Also, remember, swine flu is very mild in 99% of cases, like normal flu.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Right now, if you have an upper respiratory cold and a fever you have the swine flu - they are hardly testing for it, because they don't realy have to. It's the only flu out there with those symptoms. My whole family had it for about a week. it wasn't so bad, but really annoying!!

She probably had it, like so may that refuse to admit it. No big deal! Once you are fever free for 24 hours you are in the clear. That's why they want ppl to stay home if they have a fever!!

Anonymous

• If she has been fever free for over 24 hours, then she is no longer contagious.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2009