Why do women remarry to soon?

Why do women remarry to soon? Sorry to tell you this, but I'm with Dr. Laura on this one. This is the problem with divorce, The parents move no like nothing and the kids feel everything and the parents feel they have to start dating again before the kids get use to losing someone they loved.

You have to much going on with your live that is spilling over to you kids. And you wonder why they are angry with you "for no reason at all"
Your kids need you to be there emotionally for them and when your looking for a men it takes time that you should be spending as a family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Interesting point. A friend of mine that divorced last year attended a "life after divorce" class. They suggested waiting 4 months for every year of marriage before beginning new relationships. When she told me that I began thinking I know virtually nobody who waited like that after they were divorced. A lot of them are in bad 2nd marriages now. As for the kids, too many people think it doesn'tr concern the kids too much. They are 180' wrong. Kids internalize divorce "if I were a better kid..." "I'm not worth staying around for..." Naking matters worse are the parents who use the kids as weapons against the other. It takes a long time to heal. Everyone must be aloud to voice an opinion, even if it's unpopular. Moving to new relationships too quickly is like a dagger in the heart to kids. At least it was to me as a kid.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• mmmm....kay
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yup. Separated in 1989......haven't remarried yet.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I thought men remarried faster than women. If I got divorced, I'd be TERRIFIED about remarriage! I have a loving husband, but it's not easy, and it was a rough road getting here! I can't understand why people jump in, assuming it's going to be so much better the second time around!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It can be better the second time around. I'm divorced and am going to get remarried but in 4 years when I am done with college. Its about the person you choose and yes, who you choose to marry directly effects the children so choose wisely. I am lucky that my ex and I get along very well and my son has two big familys who love and support him. My son is a happy little boy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I can't answer for all women, but sometimes people like having a partner. I'm not remarried, nor do I think I ever will be, but I do miss having someone in my life. I would assume that's why.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure what Dr. Laura says about this but IMO It does seem unfair from the kids perspective. Every situation is unique but if you look at it from one adults point of view the marriage may have been over a long time before the couple ever split up. Obviously the adults get a head start in the healing process and many adults are ready to move on way before the divorce is even final. It's normal for an adult to want companionship from another adult and although it is difficult to for kids to handle this when they are still dealing with the loss I don't think the adult should wait for the kids to be ready before getting involved in a relationship. Some children take years to adjust. I'm not saying the children's feelings and needs should be ignored, but I don't think they should stop someone from finding happiness.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 3:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I was married for 16 years. Divorced after a horrible time. I was married on paper but that was it for the last 4 years of the marriage. Does that count or does it have to be on paper that you are divorced? Each situation is different. So let me add this up.... moved out of house in 10/06, divorced by 3/07 and I remarried in 2/08. My kids WANTED me to move on. So, all in all maybe I should have waited but it has been great! For me. To each their own. However, I do recognize alot of people marry to quickly after a divorce but I am getting old, I have no time to waste!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Many are afraid of being alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i agree with the fear of being alone im in a divorce right now and i made it very clear to this man who is 5 years older than me that i have a four month old and im not intrested in getting married anytime soon maybe in 5 years after i really know him and he agreed. hes been divorced to so he knows where im comeing from i also have a freind that got married and is now divorced and remarried two weeks later and its been a year and this will be her second divorce so idk
    Anonymous