Please name me ONE president that has NOT inherited problems from a previous administration?

I was watching CNN at the dr office today and they were showing an interview with Obama where he said he wants to leave office and give the next president a clean slate. It got me thinking....ALL this complaining he does about what HE inherited, has ANY president ever come into office with no problems from the prevoius admin.?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• George Washington
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Damn you, EireLass, I was gonna say that!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• LOL, that's what I was going to say....my second guess is John Adams...
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I was thinking Washington too
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• They all have issues from the previous Administration. Obama is the only one I have heard whine about it as much as he has. No one held a gun to his head and made him be President. He did not inherit anything he chose it. He knew what was going on and still chose to run for office and accepted the job when elected. He needs to quit acting like a 5 year old and man up.
    Anonymous

• He's not whining, its a fact, Bush screwed us royally. Yes, all President's inherit from the previous president, but the fact of the matter is that no president effed things up as bad as Bush, no president has had to deal with as big a mess as Obama has had to. That is why it comes up so often.
    Anonymous

• wow anon try studying history some.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Your right, but there is no denying that there are different degrees of problems. Two wars, a trashed economy. jobs on the decline is more than most Presidents inherit. That being said he is President and has to deal with it. When he decided to run for officei I don't think it had a clue (like the rest of us) that the economy would be tanking two months before the election. I wonder if he would have run if he knew.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• They ALL receive problems.. The strong President is the one who doesn't whine about the position he cries he inherited. you know the Position he lobbied, campaigned, and begged for!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

And how in the hell would you know that Bush was the worst? Are you still alive? Have we been attacked since 9/11? Are you old enough to even remember communism or the Berlin wall or the Cuban missile crisis or the Bay of Pigs or Viet Nam or what Reagan inherited but fixed by lowering taxes? Do you know that we have had a version of the patriot act since God knows when? I am going to be 63 tomorrow and I can tell you no one has fucked up the country like Obama has. He has put us into the worst financial crisis in history and the democratic party under Clinton started it. Read your history!
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009