Food ideas for a one year old birthday party

I am doing an Elmo theme for my son's first birthday and so far on the menu I have pizza (Elmo's favorite), apple juice, salad, #1 and the letter M sugar cookies, Cheese doodles, Goldfish crackers, fruit salad and of course cake. The ages will range from 7 months old to adult. Any one have any other suggestions for one year olds? I wanted to also do like mini sandwiches but do not want to use peanut butter or cold cuts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Newt02

Asked by Newt02 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm looking forward to seeing the answers - we're doing the same thing this weekend! Pizza, chicken nuggets, fruit skewers, goldfish, and cake.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We are having:
    a fruit tray with yogurt dip
    buffalo wings
    apple cider and eggnog
    lemon cake
    choc. cake
    apple spice cupcakes
    layered vegetable salad
    mini chicken wraps
    my mil's meatballs
    Most of our guests will be older than dd, so I geared it more for them menu-wise. She would be fine with some green beans and apple or banana bites!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Just a note of warning. The last 1st b-day I attended had a cake with red and blue icing. Everyone's diaper was filled with very alarming brightly colored poop. Red poop is probably the scariest. Purple and blue being less so, yet still causing a stir.

Opt for white frosting. ;)
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Thanks for he feed back ladies, especially the frosting tip. The party is tomorrow, but I decided to keep it simple. Pizza, salad, cheez doodles, chips and dips, fruit platter, apple juice, and cake with cookies and cream filling. The party is only an hour and a half and I have tons of games. Wish me luck!
    Newt02

Answer by Newt02 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009