How do I change from formula to normal milk? Do I still keep to a certain routine and number of bottles?

MumbyGrace

Asked by MumbyGrace at 2:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I mixed 1/4 formula 3/4 milk for a few days. Then went to 1/2 and 1/2. Then 3/4 milk 1/4 formula. They will start to get more nutrition from food and less from bottles at this point.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think I just switched straight away to milk when they were old enough and the formula was gone, and then tried to make sure they ate meals and not just drank milk all the time
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i ddint do anythig special she tuen one march 15 thatd ay she got a sippy cup with milk. twice a day. no fuss about it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• How old is your child? I wouldn't do any changing in his/her diet until your pediatrician gives the green light. For some 1 yrs old., for others, 16, 17 or 18 mo.s old. Good Luck! and wonderful news you'll be off Formula, huh??? Now you can put your money toward something else!!!
    saykay

Answer by saykay at 4:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• at that age (I am assuming around one) a toddler shouldnt be getting more than 24 oz milk per day. At first you might have to be more flexible but about 20 oz per day is what you are aiming for...the rest should come from food.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2009