Where do I find info. on conservership for autistic children reaching 18?

Where do I find info. on conservership for autistic children reaching 18? I have two divorced moms with non- supportive ex-husbands who do not want to put the husbands on the conserveship papers. Any advise?

RonniGohr

Asked by RonniGohr at 2:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'd contact legal aid and ask for call a school that specializes in special needs and ask them who to contact and how to go about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• http://www.expertlaw.com/library/estate_planning/conservatorship.html

I have a 20 yr old Autistic son, and believe me, my ex does NOT help with him at all...and at the present moment he is in Juvenile cause the court system deems him to be a danger to himself and society...he attacked me, and I had to press charges against him...(the counselor advised me to)...then it snowballed....he broke probation and has been in and out of jail/juvenile since then....he tried to commit suicide, etc....I am still fighting to get him out...developmentally delayed/disabled children HAVE NO rights! And the parents can hardly get any help especially in the backwoods of the area where I live.
    CrazyCookie

Answer by CrazyCookie at 9:33 AM on Nov. 25, 2009