Our family is hoping to adopt a little girl...

Does anyone have any info they'd like to pass on about how to go about finding the little girl who is meant to join our family?

Thank you!

SterlingLegend

Asked by SterlingLegend at 2:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Adoption

• SterlingLegend, You are to be admired, and you are what I hope will inspire others. I do beleive, GOD will send you the exact little girl that is meant just for YOU and her new siblings, and Daddy. Please do not give up...there really are many children whom want and NEED a Mommy and Daddy. Blessings and Serenity, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Try checking your local state website regarding foster care adoption. Adopting a newborn is difficult right now in most cases because there are far more couples wanting to adopt than there are babies available to be adopted.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 3:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• well here isnt a good place to look
    Anonymous

• GET IN LINE!
    Anonymous

• Have you decided which adoption route you want to take? Domestic, Foster/Adopt, International? Your best bet would most likely be to become foster parents. I know a lot of adoption agencies will not let you choose the sex of the baby, and the ones you do, you miss out on a lot since your cutting your chances of being matched due to the sex. I would definitely get in contact with your local CPS to become foster parents! We have been trying to adopt for 9 months now. Good luck!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would definitely check into foster care adoption. We had a great experience, and we were able to specify that we would like a girl (and the age range). Of course adoption is primarily about finding families for children, not children for families. But if parents are honest about what they are hoping for it increases the chances of a successful match.

There is tons of information about foster care adoption, toddler adoption, and older child adoption on the Internet if you search by those terms. Locally, you would contact your county office and find out when they are having an orientation for prospective adoptive parents. Good luck!

P.S. I am sorry about the insensitive anonymous posts you received...
    ForeverMom05

Answer by ForeverMom05 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I found a consulting agency yesterday. Perhaps some of you would be interested in the website for this awesome couple here in Georgia. http://www.faithfuladoptionconsultants.com/ She seems to post about babies all the time. I have contacted the state department of children's services here in Georgia already. I'm just waiting for the local office to contact me to let me know when the classes start and where they are.
    I am not necessarily looking for a baby girl. We are looking for more like 2 to 4 years old. I have found VERY limited information about toddler adoption. My mother was in the foster care system from the age of 3 to 18 and it's important that we provide a home for a little girl in honor of my mom. We already have two sons, so for us...we'll wait for our girl.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• As far as insensitive comments, some people hate themselves so they have to be hateful. Liking myself, loving my family and knowing I'm blessed makes it easy to be cheerful and kind to other people.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Oh my what a wonderful way to honor your mom.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Thank you drfink! It's also a way for me to honor the woman who was my mama's LAST foster mom. She moved to Floyd and Mary Rupe's house on her 13th birthday. A dairy farm in Elma, WA. She left when she was 18 and got married to their nephew, my dad. She called them Mama and Daddy for the rest of their lives. I miss them both so much sometimes!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 11:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2009