Is it appropriate to auction off booze at a fund raiser for a teenager?

Would you be less inclined to attend if you saw the flyer for the fund raiser and it stated, booze will be auctioned off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont think it would hurt to action off booze...but im not sure I would put it on the flyer. Is it an auction? Did someone donate a bottel of Jack or something? At our school auction sometimes someone will donate a bottel of soemthing really nice and they usually do it on the silent auction or wiht raffle tickets, but most people wouldnt care if you did a little alcohol with plenty of other stuff. I sur wouldnt let it be the focus...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What ria said
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Did they really use the word booze? lmfao
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Let me use this example. For 7 years I was highly involved with a fundraiser for Children's Hospital. One of the biggest money raisers we had (and still have) is a Gun Bash. People pay $20 for a ticket and have a chance to win a gun or cash every 15 minutes for about 8 hours. They get all they can eat and while there they have access to countless other raffles, games and whatnot.

For years people have come in and asked why anyone would have a gun based fundraiser for a Child based charity. And here is the answer. In 2007 we had 8 weeks of fundraisers, in and out of our restaurant. Our store is one of the smallest in the company, but because of our gun bashes were were able to raise $5000 beyond what the other stores were.

The point is, it doesn't matter WHY people are there or what they are winning, just that the money is coming in and going somewhere it's needed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If the auctioneer has a liquor license then I don't see a problem.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2009