3 month old constipated

Can someone please help me, my son has been having problems using the restroom. we have tried different formulas and finally found one that helps but he still has a problem. I was wondering have any of you heard or powder formula upsetting babies stomach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• Are his stools hard? That is how you can tell if he is constipated. If he isn't going often it is normal. My son pooped every 5 days and it was normal for him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my pedi told us to use about 2oz of pear juice mixed with 2 oz of water, that can help and its not harsh. also, carro (sp?) syrup, like a teaspoon, in the formula bottle. i know how you feel, its hard to think your child is in distress and every baby is different but if you do notice the hard stool and he seems to be having trouble then its good for you to try to help him. i think its crazy that children go a week without pooping! that has to be uncomfortable.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 3:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No Karo...it's a botulism risk.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009