shuold a ex sister in law breast feed your child when your not there even if you dont breast feed

ok so im seperated right now from my abusive husband and still in the process of getting a divorce. my son is 4 monthes old and heres the deal i stoped breast feeding him at 2 weeks well when i was still with my ex his sister kept saying that if i didnt breast feed my son she would i told her that wasnt ok with me and to please never do that. now that we have joint custody my son when he comes back to me will lick and try and suck on my boobs even with a shirt on he has breast fed baby poop and hes extremly irritable i know she's breast feeding him but how do i get it to stop i feel that she is endangering my child she's not a very clean person and its just sickning any ideas

SarahRandall

Asked by SarahRandall at 3:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its not that she is indangering ur child, i would talk to ur soon to be ex huspand about it,if nothing happns i would get a restraining order aginst her so she cant go around ur child. thats just wrong and nasty.i would have to kick the bitches ass if she fed my baby from her.i dont care if she is a clean person or not.thats not her place to do that.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• NO it is NOT ok and you should NOT allow her arround your child. I'm sure if you go to the police you could press charges in some way, that HAS to be child moltestation or something...dont let her NEAR your baby ever again...
    Anonymous

• curse her out. wtf, it's YOUR child. i'd be pissed too
    Anonymous

• Eeewww!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Child molestation is stretching it. I don't think she should be doing it, but to accuse her of being a pervert is not cool either. I would call and find out about a restraining order for the child against her based on child endangerment due to health concerns.
    Anonymous

• She is, at the very least, violating your rights as a parent to set guidelines. I do agree, molestation might be stretching a little far, but I understand the sentiment. I would not allow her around my child unless I was there. Get a restraining order if you have to; she should not do that without your express permission; your child could have an allergy that she didn't know about, then where would you be?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I really wonder if there is anything you can do. I assume that you ex is allowing this and if you have joint custody then I assume that when the baby is with him he makes the parenting choices for your son.
    As far as any health risks to your son... I think that is a stretch unless you know she has diseases like HIV or does drugs.... which I doubt since I assume she is breastfeeding her own child as well.
    I don't think you would get anywhere with accusing her of molesting.. because it's not. And I don't think you could get a restraining order either because she isn't doing anything to endanger your son or harm him in anyway.
    I suppose you could bring it up to a judge or who ever... but if you don't have any proof, which it doesn't seem you really do. I think you are out of luck on this one.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well. The good news is that she's NOT endangering him unless she's smearing dirt on her nipples before feeding. It's also not molestation. You can rest easy on that. BUT...you need to go back to court and tell the judge exactly what's going on and DEMAND that she NOT be allowed to care for him or be in contact.

One more bit of "good news." His behavior of going for your breasts is normal infant behavior even if she wasn't nursing him.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• no she should not do that if you have already said no. now i think it's fine for another woman to breastfeed a child but the mother has to agree, and has to fully trust that mom to not be on any drugs etc.

i agree with PP that this behavior isn't evidence that she's been bfing him. babies just do that.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2009