baby and the boyfreind

ok so im getting divorced and i have been dating this airforce guy for a while and things are getting sieriuse but he claims that i need to stop letting my 4 month old sleep in the bed because im starting a bad habit i mean dont get me wrong he loves little man and has been there since day one and he is more of a dad then my sons father will ever be what do i do i cant just let him cry all night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trust mehe wont cry all night! It is really the only way to break the habit! I let both of my sons sleep in our bed until they were 6 and 9 months old. Its hard at first but you have to just put them in there, if he is crying then go back in like 5-10 minutes check on him and then leave again, dont pick him up except to lay him back down. try not to go in there because he will start to realize that hey if i keep crying then mommy will keep coming back. He will eventually cry himself to sleep . Trust me i know it is hard but it is for his own good, I spent a lot of time sitting by my kids doors crying while they cry but it wont last long he will get the idea that he has to go to sleep.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He's YOUR child, not that of the boyfriend.

FYI...depending on what is going on with your soon to be ex, he can get you for adultery and use that for more time (if not full custody) of the baby.
    Anonymous

• Boyfriend is DEAD WRONG.

If YOU don't have a problem with the co-sleeping, then he gets NO input.

Four months is too early for CIO, even according to the advocates of the method.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Put him in his bed and rub or pat his back to help him to sleep. He has the comfort of you being with him and he will learn to put himself to sleep after awhile.
    Anonymous

• Boyfriend, I appreciate your input and concern, but I'm happy with things the way they are.

Or,

Boyfriend, you're right. I don't like sleeping with the baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009